Friday, April 17, 2009

Happy Easter!!!!!!!!!!! Only 5 Days Late

Last Friday we all went to the waterfall with some friends of the Schuberts from the ministry they used to work with. It was nice to see God's awesome creation and have a reminder of how small we are, the sight is always humbling. I think Dina and Lewie enjoyed it a lot even though it is a pretty hard hike down to the bottom. That night we had a small service at the house and took communion. I must admit that I love communion. I used to not think much of it when I was younger, it was just another thing Christians did so I did it. I love to focus on the sacrifice which was made for us, it is another humbling experience for me when I remember how unworthy I am to receive a love as strong as that. On Saturday the Schuberts had more friends come out from the old ministry and took them to the waterfall. Dina, Lewie, and I decided to stay back at the house. We played sequence all afternoon and just sat and talked. It was great to have them down here to talk to. God's timing is perfect. I needed someone to talk to at the same time they were down here and I was able to talk things through that I was struggling with. On Easter Sunday we didn't end up going to church becuase of how heavy and bad the traffic is on the holiday weekend. Instead we all relaxed and spent some time in the sun. I must say it was the first time I ever got a tan on Easter. The next day Dina and Lewie left for the airport early with Ed, Val, and Patty while I stayed home and did the boys schooling. Ed and Val both had to go to immigration so I said my goodbyes at the house. Monday I cleaned around the house and caught up on e-mails. Tuesday I did the boys schooling again and then joined Ed in the afternoon at the property to help polyurethane some bathroom stalls. On Wednesday I did the boys schooling and finished up their third quarter grades in the afternoon. Yesterday was a normal school day for the boys and Val had to go into the city for a meeting in the afternoon which was going to be a challenge becuase Patty does not like being away from Val too long. Val left and Patty cried. I eventually took her to their bedroom to put her down for a nap after lunch. She cried herself asleep in my arms, and I put her on a bed to let her sleep. Then I had to leave to help teach Val's English class with Carolina since Val was gone. After I helped with the class from 2-4 I played soccer with the men of the community from 4-6. I came home to find patty barely slept after I left and she was clinging to AJ for dear life not wanting anyone else to be around her. Val eventually came home with some Chinese food and Patty was back to herself. She is definitely a great joy to me considering how much I miss my nieces and nephews. Even though she is sometimes a turd and cries too often when she doesn't get her way it is still great to have her here. Today was a boring old normal school day. Christian's family was supposed to come over for dinner but they ended up canceling becuase they had to do something at one of his older brother's school. I am excited to see everyone at the property tomorrow because it has been a month since I have been there for a church service(the last two were canceled and I was in the States for the one before that). It will be nice to see everyone all together and play with the kids. Well I'm outta here to watch movies with the boys and eat some leftover Chinese food. Adios, God bless, and thank you for your support throughout this year.

No comments: